Here is what happened around the parks during the last couple of weeks.
* Note: most pics from this post was taken a few weeks ago.
- At SeaWorld Dine with Shamu and the Underwater viewing re-opened after closing last year to add the rising floor in the pool.
The whales are let out into the underwater viewing pool usually after the first OneOcean show. If you do not see them there definitely stop by during a scheduled Dine with Shamu.
- In case of an emergency the floor can be raised in about a minute.
- Meanwhile, work continues on the Antarctica attraction next to Journey to Atlantis. Cranes have been busy this summer adding more steel beams which now cover most of the area inside the construction walls.
Over the weeks:
- A new QR code was posted on the construction wall around the site which goes to a website with a video released by SW about the new attraction.
- Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin is expected to open Spring 2013
- At Universal Studios the site where Soundstage 44 used to stand was rapidly demolished and a large crane now tower inside the construction wall. During most of the summer truck after truck delivered supplies to this site.
The site above was where the Back to the Future DeLorean and train used to sit. Both relocated and moved across from the Animal Actors stage near the lagoon.
- The Amity area construction site over the weeks:
- ... and just recently steel beams can now be seen going up where the Jaws attraction used to be.
- Still no official word from Universal on what will go on both constructions sites.
- A few other small things around USF...
small red carpets placed along Hollywood Blvd for the Emmy's (according to a team member)
- something going on here in front of the Simpsons attraction.
- Universal getting set for Halloween Horror Nights, no more Fear Factor live shows for now..
- The queue for Disaster has been curtained off to get ready for HHN..
- At Islands of Adventure not much going on. A few things around the Lost Continent behind construction walls.
- At Epcot, Phineas and Ferb has taken over the old Kimpossible mission games around World Showcase. Look for these signs around the park. Recruitment for the game are all outdoors in previous KP locations, they are no longer inside innoventions east or west
- Epcot also busy getting ready for the Food and wine festival around world showcase. FWF starts Sept 28.
- Work continues on TestTrack. Nothing new visible from outside and no word on an opening date yet. It is scheduled to open later this year.
- At the France pavilion at World Showcase change is coming... Construction walls cover part of the indoor seating area for the pastry shop. It is scheduled to re-open later this year with new offerings.
- After months of work..... the view of the castle from down main street.
- Dumbo 2 opened a few weeks back.. 1 is used for fastpass and the other as a stand-by. Fastpasses are currently available for Dumbo at the Mickey's Phillarmagic location.
- Also opened this summer, Casey Splash n Soak across from Dumbo and the Fantasyland train station
- Disney also announced an opening date for other parts behind the great wall of MK to open on Dec 6th.
- The site which used to be Fantasyland Skyway is being worked on for several weeks. Good place for a Starbucks?
- The gift shop just before the entrance of the Haunted Mansion is all wrapped up. The shop is still open inside.
- At Animal Kingdom some work has been going on around the tree of life.
- The poacher scene at the end of the Kilmanaro safari ride at Animal Kingdom was removed a few weeks ago. The site was fenced off during most of the summer to get the new habitat ready for the fall. Fencing came down recently and zebras are to go in when it opens soon. From the looks of the area should be getting great close-up pics of zebras when they arrive.
- Over the summer Disney opened another wing at the new Art of Animation Resort across from Pop Century. You can view the video of the Lion King wing from the new recently uploaded videos tab above.
- Finally, you might have also noticed some changes to the blog. You can see what's new on the tab above. Thanks to everyone who followed me on Instagram over the summer. I will continue to post pics. If you like the pics you can also get them from Instacanvas.
pics credit from this post
jc mc tp